6 to 8
based on the NCERT syllabus
for Classes 6–8
The books have been prepared on the basis of the guidelines of the National Curriculum Framework (NCF) and the syllabus brought out by the NCERT in 2005. The books encourage children to read, form their own opinions and learn the cause-and-effect relationship between events. The books aim to develop a sense of initiative in children and make them active participants in learning.
- The use of simple language facilitates comprehension.
- Keywords and terms used have been explained in simple language.
- To Sum Up recapitulates the lesson.
- Case Studies help to explain the lesson better. They also bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- In-text questions and varied exercises develop creativity in children and make learning a fun-filled exercise.
- Interesting projects and imaginative activities reinforce hands-on learning.
- The use of maps develop map understanding and interpretation skills.
- The use of real-life examples and findings from latest researches make the learning process interesting.
- Colourful and attractive photographs and illustrations enrich the text.
- Histictionary explains the keywords and terms used in the book.
- Archaeology–Dig & Discover and Epigraphy–Decode & Decipher give an insight about these fascinating fields.
- Comic strips introduce an element of fun in the learning process.
- A Story from History is a piece of historical fiction. It adds an extra dimension to the learning of the subject.
- To meet is a section on famous historical personalities.
- Elsewhere in the World lists the happenings in other parts of the world.
- Let us Surf lists websites on different historical topics. They encourage the learner to go beyond the academic confines.