This first volume of an adaptation of the Resnick, Halliday and Walker’s Fundamental of Physics (8th edition) for IIT-JEE and offers a solid understanding of fundamental concepts and helps reader apply this conceptual understanding to quantitative problem solving. This volume also covers topics on Units and Dimensions, Mechanics and Thermal Physics.
The text has been rearranged as per the IIT-JEE syllabus and many small topics have been included in the original chapters to make the coverage more complete. These include Net Motion, Constrained Motion, Projection on the Inclined Plane, etc. A new chapter on “Circular Motion” has been created by collation of material on “Kinematics of Circular Motion” from the chapters on “Two- and Three-Dimensional Motion” and “Dynamics of Circular Motion”.
A number of additional problems and solved examples have been included to cover all requirements of IIT-JEE examination. The book offers a unique problem-solving technique: 4C’s (Conceptualize, Classify, Compute and Categorize), which guides students towards stepwise problem-solving.
The revised edition contains new end of chapter material containing all question types as per IIT-JEE pattern: Reasoning and Assertion type, Multiple-choice and Problems.
Table of Contents:
- More than 340 solved problems and examples.
- More than 130 checkpoints
- More than 1000 objective type questions comprising
- More than 90 reasoning type questions
- More than 870 multiple choice questions
- More than 25 linked comprehension questions
- More than 180 review questions
- More than 1400 practice problems
- Units and Dimensions
- Vectors and Elementary Calculus
- Straight Line Motion
- Two- and Three-Dimensional Motion
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Circular Motion
- Work, Power, and Energy
- Center of Mass
- Rigid Body Dynamics-I
- Rigid Body Dynamics-II
- Newtonian Gravitation
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Mechanical Waves
- Longitudinal Waves
- Temperature and Thermal Expansion
- Heat, Calorimetry, and Heat Transfer
- The Kinetic Theory of Gases
- First Law of Thermodynamics
IIT-JEE Physics Paper 2010